Grace, elegance and sophistication are characteristics embodied throughout Japanese culture, now synonymous with the brand Miyabi. The graceful nature of traditional Japanese cuisine led to the development of unique cutting movements and the specialized knives needed to produce delicate, bite-sized meals. Seki, Japan has been the formal epicenter of the knife industry since the 14th century and is the home of the Miyabi factory. Developed under the watchful eye of legendary Iron Chef Japan Rokusaburo Michiba and endorsed by Iron Chef America Masaharu Morimoto, Miyabi knives epitomize the traditions and craftsmanship of Japanese sword makers in producing an extraordinary product. The Miyabi collections offer authentic Japanese blade shapes crafted from premium steel compositions, layered in exotic damask style patterns then hardened, tempered and honed for extraordinary sharpness. A choice of Japanese or modern handles in traditional or exotic materials enable a comfortable fit for the culinary techniques of a global audience.
Features & Benefits:
- Blade core made of MicroCarbide MC63 powder steel embedded in 100 layers of steel for exceptional hardness of approx. 63 Rockwell (international standard unit of measurement for hardness) and outstanding cutting edge retention.
- CRYODURÂ® ice-hardened blades provide particularly good cutting edge retention, corrosion resistance and optimum blade flexibility.
- Authentic Japanese blade profile
- The symmetrical blade with ultra-sharp Honbazuke edge ensures incredible sharpness.
- Traditional "D" handle made from Masur birch for perfect balance, optimum control and tireless cutting.
PLEASE ALLOW UP TO 6 WEEKS FOR DELIVERY